Deck Drive Belt

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by DieselDeere, May 12, 2003.

1. DieselDeere

DieselDeere LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

I bought a Lazer Z 52" 27 HP on Saturday, and after an hour of cutting the deck drive belt came off, I reinstalled it and about a half an hour later it popped off again, it is back on now again but I think it will happen again. I am engaging / disengaging the blades at half throttle, and the grass I was cutting was not that thick. How can I fix this?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Diesel Deere,

I'm sorry to here you've had a problem so early with your Exmark. You may want to take a look at the following post.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?threadid=45374

I wouldn't recommend that you spend too much time if any looking for a problem of this type on such a new unit. I'd recommend that you take the unit back to the dealership and have it inspected. If you would like you can let me know who your dealer is and I'll give him/her a call and let them know what we feel should be looked at.

Thanks

Terry

3. Coach

Coach LawnSite Member

I have been having the same problem... My dealer told me belts were too big and one of the back pulleys needed to be adjusted. I have not had time to take mower over yet to have adjusted. It is nice to know there is an answer.

Coach

4. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i bought a new metro hp with only 5 hours on it had a right brake problem and brize belt was loose--returned it to my dealer--bossier power equipment and within 20 or 30 minuted i was back in business---talk about great service

5. DieselDeere

from Midwest

It came off again, my dealer is Weingartz Udica

6. DieselDeere

from Midwest

I bought my Lazer Z at another dealer, will this be a problem, will I get a loaner mower? I have all the sales papers.

7. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Diesel Deere,

You can take your mower to any Exmark dealer. My recommendation would be to take back to the dealer you purchased the unit from. You've already got some type of a relationship started since you purchased the mower there and he's much more likely to give you his best service since you are one of his customers.

As far as the loaner from the dealer you purchased the unit from, that's pretty unlikely. The loaner units that each dealer invests in are generally pretty busy with his customers and being used as sales demo units. Not very many dealers are willing to pull a sales demo unit out of the field to use as a loaner if youÂ’re not one of their customers. It's really the dealers call, it's his unit.

Thanks

Terry