1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Deck Flush Kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kdlklm, Aug 20, 2004.

1. kdlklm

kdlklm LawnSite Member
    from Canada

Deck Flush

Has any of you use this, if so does it work. I'm looking for an easier way to clean my deck.
  2. cward

cward LawnSite Member

Looked at the website, kind of looks like a spray attatchment for cleaning gutters.
  3. kdlklm

kdlklm LawnSite Member
    from Canada

That's what I thought, is there anything better out there.
  4. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Hustler use to have something like this installed on their shortcut, not sure if they still do.
  5. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

If you want to see how it would work, simply spray water under the mower deck when it is running. You have to start out with a very clean deck. It won't "wash off" dried, old grass clumps.

We've tried this, it makes an absolute mess of your shop area (make sure to go somewhere that wet, clumpy, staining grass clippings won't be a problem), and we still had to get under the deck to get the "nooks and crannies".

We decided it wasn't worth the effort.
  6. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a similar product on a homeowner type of mower about 15 years ago, forgot all about it until I saw the website. It actually worked quite well, you hook a hose up to the deck and turn the blades on, water whipping around at the speed of the blades cleaned everything. Never had any grass build up with it, if I remember correctly, it wouldn't take very much to build one yourself.
  7. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

Toro was putting something like that on their home owner Z's - I dont know if they still are or not.
  8. Critical Care

Critical Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Kinda seems like grass would clog the nozzle. Maybe what I'll do is to install a Hunter PGP stream rotor upside down on my deck.