deck foot lift

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by awm, Aug 16, 2001.

1. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i would like to suggest that exmark make the deck foot lift
    standard on all the lazer model. this feature radicaly improves the machine to the point that i wouldnt use one that didnt have it now. i know its an option . but i had mine three months before i knew it was available. thanks for your time tony marks

2. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

I agree 100%, Tony! It is a MAJOR improvement in operating the machine.

Fortunately my dealer told me about this handy little item when I ordered my machine and I cannot imagine what life would be like with out it. For real.

It's perfect for those little humps and bumps and especially for the raised areas around trees.

I especially find it useful for preventing the front scalping wheels from digging on sloped areas and ditches when turning around...I always raise the deck slightly out of habit when turning around now. Heck, I ride with my right foot resting on that pedal because I use it so much.

That gizmo has saved me countless amounts of time, and arm fatigue, when cutting!

Maybe Exmark don't want to make it 'standard equipment' because they know that they can get the extra $50 for it...no problem once an operator knows what a gem it really is.

Anyone who doesn't have one already...get one now..you won't be sorry! :)

3. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Great feedback guys. How many others would like to see the foot lift assist standard?

Thanks

Terry

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I've said this all along. It's just impracticle, performance wise, not having it.

5. HOWARD JONES

HOWARD JONES LawnSite Member

It's called an assist, so I thought you had to use the hand lever as well as the foot - I would have paid for the option if I had known it works independently as described by you guys!

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Uuuuummmmmm.....Everyone!

It does hinder the lifting of the floor pan, but, thats no biggie to me.

Make them standard equipment! Same with the seats!! Suspension all the way!

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This is what I've said all along. It's just to helpful to performance NOT to be on there.

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I could care less about it being standard. Just make one for my 52" HP. It would be VERY helpful to have it.

9. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

It does pay for itself quickly!!!!!!:angel:

10. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Yeah, like TLS said, it the floor pan is liftable if the deck is in 'transport mode' but does interfere if the deck is lowered.

The only drawback to this I've found is it is a little tighter to get to the grease zerk on the spring tensioner arm. No biggie!

Still, I wouldn't trade that pedal for all the tea in China...well you know what I mean. ;)

I LOVE THAT PEDAL!