deck height adjustment - exmark

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by HLM86, May 19, 2008.

1. HLM86

HLM86 LawnSite Member

I have a 2006 Lazer Z with 60" Ultra Cut and it is about half an inch off. At 3" it is cutting more like 2.5"? I leveled the deck. How can I fix the height? (Couldn't find it in the manual).
  2. BillyRgn

BillyRgn LawnSite Member

add a link of chain if it's bothering you that much
  3. Truly Beautiful Lawn Care

Truly Beautiful Lawn Care LawnSite Member

HLM, not trying to insult you... did you check the air pressure in both rear tires?

4. chesterlawn

chesterlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Just leave it the way it is and remember it's a 1/2 inch high.
  5. HLM86

HLM86 LawnSite Member

Yes the air pressure is correct. It bothers me because my guys forget sometimes and to me 1/2" is a big difference on a lot of yards.
  6. JosephLawnCare

JosephLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Thats a really hard thing to explain over the internet. It's the two nuts on the ends of the two threaded rods bars(with the big return springs). Play with them a little and you'll figure it out. Your manual would explain it the best. The chain adjustments are for the fine leveling, not for a half inch adjustment.
  7. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

those big springs are for the lift not the adjustment. to do it you need to take the deck wheels off and put 3/4" block's under the deck. and you will have to go to the exmark website and look at the manual. its there in pdf form. just follow the steps and you should be good to go. i would post it for ya but cant seem to get it to work.