deck heighth adjustment - cant get over 4" now

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by dbz007, Jul 6, 2006.

1. dbz007

dbz007 LawnSite Member

This is for a 2003 Hustler mine w/ flex forks. Tire pressure is 10 psi on all four. btw is 10 really enough???

I followed the procedure outlined in the owners manual exactly. Even had someone read through the manual a second time to make sure we followed all the directions corrrectly. NO matter what after taking the blocks out from under the deck i can not raise the deck over 4" with out hitting the stops. Can not even get it to transport position now.
    Also:
    When it sais the deck is already 1/4 inch higher in the back, does that mean i dont have to worry about blocking it up extra 1/4 of an inch when setting the blocks for the heighth?

.. and when it sais to block the deck up on all four "corners" , where exactly do i need to block them, because its not a rectangle and there are no corners, which brings up one more question,

if the deck is already pitched 1/4 inch higher in the back, it seems it would matter where exactly you put the blocks, or your pitch wont be correct after you reset the heighth/level with the blocks.

Please help!! I need to use this mower!!

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I understand our customer service department talked to you today.

3. dbz007

dbz007 LawnSite Member

Yes they did, and thanks for the quick reply. I am definately impressed with the customer service there. They actualy called me twice trying to get ahold of me.
    Anyway for anyone else with this problem.. the hustler tech support guy i spoke with said that this was a problem with this mower (early '03). I dont know if that means they fixed it on the new 2003 mini z 52 in. I wonder how they couldn't have spotted this in their own trouble shooting? Tire pressure maybe.. who knows. Anyway i just readjusted the foot pedal and just keep in mind where the correct setting is now. And the fusion blades rock.