Deck Issues-Dixie Chopper XG2703-60

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bobby Walker, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Bobby Walker

Bobby Walker LawnSite Member

I bought my mower(Dixie Chopper XG2703-60) new last year in May, it currently has 125 hours on it. I've always had a problem with the deck not being level. I've now taken it to the local dealer in Gallatin, TN for its 3rd trip trying to get the deck level. If your sitting on the mower, the front left side of the deck is 1/4 in. higher than the back. Nothing I could do would correct the pitch. The front always stayed higher than the back, on all deck height adjustments. The other side is just fine, you can raise and lower the front of the deck as needed to give the desired pitch. In my owners manual dixie chopper recommends the front of the deck to have 1/4 in. pitch below the back of the deck. The manual states this would increase the cut quality and not rob the engine of horsepower. Today the dealerships calls me and states on my model mower the deck has to be level and that you cannot put a 1/4 in. pitch on the deck. I was very suppressed to here that being my owners manual says different and all the site's on the web dealing with dixie chopper mowers says that's b.s. and that you can very well do that. Regardless of the deck pitch, my front left side of the deck continues to stay 1\4 in. higher than the back. Can you please help a faithful customer

2. dhardin53

dhardin53 LawnSite Senior Member

It seam that most dealer all have this same problem. They dont have a clue on deck ajustments. When I got my DC the deck was so far out a alinement it was not funny. And I have seen several other guys with DC from the same place with some really bad deck set up.

To help you with your problem, and pulling from my experence only, Im going to say the deck sway bar is bent. If you take off the floor pan, in the center of the deck, right up front is a bar holding the deck from moving left and right. There really is not adjustment to it that I remeber. But if you pull one or both pins out of it and the deck hangs true I think you have found the problem. Go the the this Web site and ask the DC service teck guy, hes good but his pat answer is "take it to your dealer.

**********.com