deck leveling

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by husqvarna600c, Mar 8, 2004.

1. husqvarna600c

husqvarna600c LawnSite Member

Any advice on deck leveling on a husqvarna 1542 42"riding mower?

tires are inflated to spec and the ground is as level as i could find and the deck is adjusted to spec but does not look right to me.

Whats the trick?:confused:

2. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

Are you measuring at the blades or on the deck.

3. husqvarna600c

husqvarna600c LawnSite Member

I took the side chute off and measured the blade on one side but the other is hard to get to.

4. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Measure both sides of each blade. One time when they are facing parralell to the rider and 1 time when they are horozontal. If they do not have the same measurements when horozontal then something is messed up wether it be the deck, blade or spindle. It should be the same or less than 1/4 of an inch difference (on the frount measurement compared to the rear measurment ) on the frount side when facing paralell to the machine.

5. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

They make a gage that slides under the deck to make it easier. Or you can cut a block of wood to say 3 inches ( or what ever you want )and use it to adjust the Blades to it.

6. soccerlawn

soccerlawn LawnSite Senior Member

The blades on my deck are level but the deck does not look like it, so maybe that is the case with yours.

7. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have blocks of wood cut to slide under my blades, and then adjust the deck to fit them, and at times the deck doesnt look level but in the grass it cuts good