1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Deck leveling

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Phishook, Sep 10, 2004.

1. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

Could some one explain how to level the deck on a lazer z?

The right side of the deck some how fell down about 1/4 to 3/8th".
  2. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

It is in the owners manual !
  3. Phishook

Phishook LawnSite Bronze Member

No luck using the book. It looks like the rear support was welded wrong. I've got the chain lifted all the way up and it's still about 1/4" lower.

Starting to burn oil too. Only 370hrs!
  4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

It's possible there is a weldment issue. Your best bet would be to get it into your local dealer and having it inspected to ensure we find the problem as quick as possible. If there is a problem with the rear weldment the dealer should be able to diagnose is pretty quickly and get the parts ordered.

5. bracketshark

bracketshark LawnSite Member

I found the deck hanger chains were severly worn on mine affecting the ability to level the deck. New chains helped alot.
  6. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

get a book just for leveling the deck.. thats we did and it works great :)
  7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

It is almost always necessary to replace the chains on the deck when resetting to get an accurate adjust of rake. There is a video that is available that has ALL the adjustments, including all the hydro, for ALL the equipment on it. It is cheap and is a great investment. You can do a search within this forum, or Terry or someone can get you the part number. Your dealer can get it for you.
  8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Ok, here's the number. It's #850450. Terry or Dustin, you can combine these two posts if you want, or do whatever's easier for you. :)
  9. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i was talking to a tech at a locak dealer not too long ago and he said something about the arms on several mowers having to be replaced due to wear? not the casters but the lateral type arms at the rear of the deck that extend back to near the wheel motors.
  10. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

That issue has to do with the weldment I mentioned. In some cases the rear cross shaft can twist allowing the right rear corner to drop. The dealer should have all the information to diagnose this one pretty quick.