deck mount trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turfclippings, Aug 29, 2001.

1. Turfclippings

Turfclippings LawnSite Member

i hope i didnt overlook this in the search, but i coundnt come up with anything. Interested in the deck mounted trimmer head. I know it has been touched once after the expo but has anybody pursued it and currently tring one out? i cut alot of open acreage and think it could come in handy around trees, light poles and etc. so hope to hear back about them thanks.

Kevin

2. David Gretzmier

David Gretzmier LawnSite Gold Member

I have to admit, I have always thought those things looked cheesy and add on. at the peco booth, thier electric rig impressed me. If I was doing a long fenceline on a regular basis, or metal pole, telephone poles, or a long curb for edging, i'd give it a shot. It is the only one I've seen that looked like a production unit with an engine that had some torque to it. it also has a swing back featur if you mess up and hit something, and it swing out of the way when not in use. make sure you got a good battery or alternater on your rig. I bet they use alot of juice. Dave g

3. hustlers

hustlers LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

looks like trouble
    and wont do a good even job and probably
    chew up trees bark

4. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

i agree with the hustler

5. Althoug it is a good idea it does have some pros and cons. On the other hand it can save time like was said> But you will have to get used to it. It will not replace thr trimmer but it can save a lot of walking around. On the other hand you could realy tear some stuff up so it's not a thing you give to employees to take out and use.

LGF:blob1:

6. GREG R

GREG R LawnSite Member

HEY GUYS
    this is the first time I've heard of this trimmer thing.
    I've been full time for 10 years and been to the expo
    every winter and never seen one of these.
    I do alot of apartment complexs and think it be
    great for sidewalks and curbs.
    Anyone now of a web site or catalog that has one
    in it or a picture of one.