1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Deck mounted trimmers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Wilburn Parks, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Does anybody own or have tried the deck mounted trimmers made by peco or 4m. If they work right, on a couple jobs I do this might save a lot of labor. If anyone has them, how do you feel about them? Do you have to go slow or just slower than mowing speed? Does the motor have enough power or does it stall? Thanks for any information. Wilburn
  2. yorkpaddy

yorkpaddy LawnSite Member

i had that idea years ago, should have patented it
  3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Wilburn parks, search it. a few days ago there was a post on that. or instead of searching just go back to the previous page. It was titled about the same.
  4. Eric, I did a search before I posted. Found 2 entries just talked about them and told who made them. I went back 5 pages and found nothing about them. I am talking about weed trimmers that cut or edges grass that are mounted on the mower deck and are run by electric motor, not trimmer racks to hold trimmers on your truck or trailer. Thanks Wilburn
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You're not likel to find many people who have used either of these trimmers. I'm not sure about the 4M unit but the Peco unit is so new that not a lot of Peco dealers even know it exists. My local Peco distributor didn't even know it existed.
  6. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I got some info on the Peco trimmer. The price is around $400.- ouch.
  7. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I'm waiting for a few of you guys to buy one and tell us how it works. :p
  8. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

WilburnParks - I meant that in that one post there should have been a couple links to websites for them. I knew not many people have replied about it, new stuff, expensive stuff, not alot of advertising of it either. I don't know anything about it but i saw them (4M and Peco) at Louisville last summer/fall whatever and 4M looked alot easier to use but I heard it is more expensive to buy and get parts/string for etc. go to that thread before and look at those websites. sorry for confusion, i was not saying we had alot of info on them.
  9. I didn't realize these were that new to the market, just thought maybe they had gotten by me.I'm just wondering how powerful the motor is and how much draw on battery. I did e-mail and call both places for information so maybe my questions will be answered when I get brochere. Thanks for all the help.