Deck Pics??

Discussion in 'Gizmow' started by John Gamba, Mar 26, 2005.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Hello
    I would like to see the underside of your deck. Do you use your foot to lift the deck or do you use your hand.

It looks like you did your homework on this mower.

Thank you
    John Gamba

2. GIZMOW

GIZMOW LawnSite Member

Dear John,

Thank you so much for the compliments on our new lawn mower.

We will be posting new pictures of the unit on our website in the next few days. I will make sure we include a photo of the underside. To answer your question regarding the deck lift mechanism, we utilize an electric actuator. The deck is raised and lowered with a toggle switch located on the dash panel below the steering column. This allows the operator to move the deck on the fly when approaching a curb or during loading or unloading.

We will be adding our test track video later today to our website. We did it ourselves, but I think you might find it interesting.

Best regards,

Jeff Huncilman, President
    Gizmow, Inc.

3. John Gamba

from ct

On the deck lift

In my area we need to lift and lower the deck while zero turnning. By doing this we avoid digging into uneven turf and when we go sidewards on to the lawn from the sidewalk.

You can solve this problem by putting a switch so you can use your foot. An electric OCDC had this foot operated switch, it seemed to work well they did advertise on lawnsite but i forget the name.

Thank you for your response, its nice to see a company mowing out of the box :cool2:

John

4. GIZMOW

GIZMOW LawnSite Member

Dear John,

I find I do the same when zero turning. The reason we went with a switch on the dash is because our unit has forward and reverse pedals. Since your foot is already depressing a pedal, combined with the fact that it only takes one hand to steer and zero turn our unit, a switch on the dash offered the most versatility. We are using the same actuator we used on units we manufactured for another lawn company a few years ago. The system was literally bullet proof. We have had six units in testing for over a year and have never experienced a failure. Everyone who has demoed our units has liked the system so far. I looks like we got it right.

Best regards,

Gizmow, Inc.
    www.gizmow.com

5. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

Jeff, is the control panel like the ones on the dyna mow mowers?

6. John Gamba

from ct

I forgot about the pedals. I'm very interested in trying out the mower, do you have any idea when one will be available in Connecticut.
    John

7. GIZMOW

GIZMOW LawnSite Member

Dear TClawn,

If my memory of the Dynamow is correct, they moved their deck hydraulically. Our lift system raises and lowers the deck with a electric actuator. I have attached a photo of our control panel for you. The deck switch is just left and below the digital hour meter.

Best regards,

Gizmow, Inc.
    www.gizmow.com

MVC-022S.JPG

8. GIZMOW

GIZMOW LawnSite Member

Dear John,

We have two potential distributors in your area. As yet, we haven't committed the territory. If you would like to discuss further, please feel free to contact me a 812.949.3875.

Best regards,

Gizmow, Inc.

9. John Gamba

from ct

Thank You i will :cool2: The only problem is i'm getting my house ready for sale and with spring here this is getting harder by the minuet.
    Please give me till next week to call you. I do think you are on to something :) and i like steering wheels, you can have a cold drink while you cut the lawn :)

John

10. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

John,

I like the looks of this mower too. I saw it in person at GIE, but I have not gotten a demo yet. But by all means give Jeff a call about this mower. Great guy.