Deck Pin Issue

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by 4curbappeal, Jun 28, 2007.

1. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

Pj,

I have a 36 inch Trim Star that I purchased new last spring. I have had a few problems with it, but for the most part I am pleased. Early this spring I noticed that both right side deck pins were bent. It even looks like the weld at the bottom of the front deck pin is cracked. I took it to my dealer on June 5 and left it for over a week. When I picked it up, it had not been repaired. My dealer (whom I have an excellent relationship with) told me that it should be a warranty issue and he neded to send pictures to Hustler. Today I called my dealer to see if he had heard anything from Hustler and he informed me that if it wasn't bent when it came out of the crate it was due to operator error and not covered under warranty. Is this correct? My 54 Hustler Hydro, which is 3 years older and used on the majority of my lawns, has never had any problems. There seems to be more reinforcement on the top of the deck It seems to be a better built mower in my opinion. Please look at my attached pictures and give me your opinion. Notice that there are no marks on the front of the deck and I don't recall hitting anything. Please let me know what you think. Thanks for your time.

Thank you,

Tim

Tim's mower 002.jpg

Tim's mower 001.jpg

Tim's mower 003.jpg

Tim's mower 004.jpg

Tim's mower 005.jpg

2. 4curbappeal

Pj,

Just checking to see if you had any opinions or possible solutions. I need to get the mower in asap. Thanks again! Tim

3. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

For some reason I didn't see this originally, sorry.
    Your dealing with Rex? right?
    E-mail me some details and I will get someone looking into it further.

Pj

4. 4curbappeal

I am dealing with Tim Allgood at Reynolds Farm Equipment in Anderson, Indiana. I sent you an email, but I don't think it went through. Let me know if you didn't recieve the email!

Thank you!

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I didn't get the e-mail, I just looked again.
    Please resend it.

Pj

6. 4curbappeal

Pj,

Just making sure that you recived my email last week! I included all of my info icluding date of purchase, dealer info and pictures.

Thanks,

Tim

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I did, and I talked to everyone involved in the matter.
    Tim should be contacting you soon, he was on vacation last week I believe.

8. 4curbappeal

Thanks Pj! I appreciate your help!

Tim

9. 4curbappeal

Still no call from my dealer. I'm to the point that I just want this thing off my trailer. I guess I wil pay to l get it fixed and put it on ebay! Future Trim Star owners BEWARE!!!!

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Please call Tim @ Reynolds.
    I talked to the regional service manager and our service manager at the factory and they both talked and Tim knows the situation.