Deck pitch adjustment on DC

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Nick, Jul 23, 2001.

1. Nick

Nick Banned

When adjusting the stabilizer bars are the middle pins supposed to be touching the bar or is this wrong. And could anyone explain how these arms change the pitch because the manual is a little confuseing.
  2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

First I we need to know what year your machine is? Does is have 2 chains down to the deck or 4? You use the Chain adjustments mostly when changing the pitch if it's minor adjustments you need. Let us know more details.
  3. Nick

Nick Banned

It's 2001 and I thought you used the stabilizer arms. The blades are even at 3 inchs instead of 1/4 " lower up front unless I lower the front air pressure to ten and raise the rear tires to 10 psi, and would like to use the right pressures. I am also measureing the blades front and back so I know I am measuring it right.
  4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Dixie has yet to update the manual for the 2001 Dixies. You should use the chain adjustments on the deck to change height and pitch on the deck. Disregard any deck height/pitch procedures that are outlined in the manual.
  5. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Here we go with useless Dixie Manuals again. My Exmark Lazer was a brand new machine for them. I got the first one that the dealer recieved. Opened the manual, and everything is listed for the new 27 LC Kawi. Right down to LC specific parts and part #'s. It just makes you feel as if it wasn't rushed out the door. My old Dixie didn't even list a 25hp engine?? It also didn't list how to level the deck. I had the useless second generation lift compensator that didn't work. Nowhere in the manual did it have a picture or diagram on how it worked or how to adjust it! (probably because you couldn't!) So thanks to EricELM's recomendation, I removed the lift compensator and returned it to the old style rear pivot front lift only. Made it easier to setup, but still didn't lift straight up and down like the "NEW" ones do.

Come on Dixie, lets fix all these "little" things, and get on the ball.
  6. Nick

Nick Banned

Thanks lowering the front by the chains was a lot easier then messing with the stabilizer bars. Does anyone know what the stabilizer bars actauly do then?
  7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't looked at them in any detail so I don't know. One other thing you want to ignore in the manual is the section about hydro fluids. You should not add anything but VTC oil to the hydro fluid tank. The bad news is VTC oil only comes in gallons at around $35.00 per gallon. The good news is you shouldn't need any until it's time to change the fluid at 500 hours. The system holds 5 quarts. If your system gets a little low don't worry about it. My dealer says the system is safe to operate with as little as a quart and a half of fluid in it.
  8. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I talked to the DC people at the Expo about the VTC fluid. I asked point blank who blends the fluid for them and the reply was that they got their oil blended from Shell. This means that the VTC fluid is a paraffin based oil with synthetic additives. The Amsoil people assured me that their 20w-50 engine oil, which is a synthetic blend, would be an acceptable substitute at considerably less than the $25.00/gl that I recently paid at my DC dealer. For your information.....................Lynn
  9. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

The 4 lift deck system was added in 2000,my early 2000 has it,its been over 16 ,months since its been out,still no update.My manual contains useless info too,and nothing that should be in there.All the belts are listed wrong,I have a spare set of belts that dont fit now.If Dixie were any slower updating info,the presses would stop totally.Ive never bought a commercial machine that didnt come with a parts manual,or have a mailer to send in for a free one,until i bought this one.Wake up Diixe.