deck rake?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by ffemt1271, Jun 15, 2003.

1. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

i recently purchased a metro hp 48"with floating deck. i notice on here that the rear is supposed to be 1/8 to 1/4 higher that the front. while looking at my deck adjustment points i saw where there is a rubber "o" ring unter the washers that the deck is riding on. they are only under the front and not the back. wouldnt that cause the front to be higher? and what is the purpose of the "o" rings? why doesn't the back have them also?

ffemt1271@hotmail.com
    Deep South Lawn Service

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Hey ffemt1271,

Thanks for the post. That's not an "o" ring, but it kind of looks like one. It's actually a deck support bushing. To offset the difference, we use different spacers on the front and rear of the deck where the pins go through the front frame.

The rear of the unit doesn't need the support bushings because the front takes the majority of abuse and needs the addition of the bushings. The pins are fixed but can still move up and down. Instead of wearing the frame out, you just wear the bushings, which are easily replaced (and a lot less expensive!). The rear pins have a ball joint at the bottom, which allows them to move more freely. A bushing is not necessary here. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Here to help,

Dustin

3. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks for the quick reply--that answered my question
    Thanks