Deck Rollers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turpin, Mar 29, 2000.

1. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

eric--you understate your abilities! go to your website and look at the pics. be reminded of the quality cut of those choppers!<p>BY THE WAY since the riding mowers, crapsman, mtd, et. al, are driven in circles, how would anyone know whether they &quot;stripe&quot;? just a thought!<p>GEO

2. bridges

bridges LawnSite Member
    from RI

Just look at the lawn it self. Your not going to get bad lawn to good after mowing it.

3. John DiMartino

John DiMartino LawnSite Silver Member

I have a steiner 420 4x4,with a 60&quot;,and I have a 2000 dixie chopper XW2500 60&quot;.They both cut great,but there is no doubt,the steiner leaves a better finish and stripe,hands down.Its full width rear roller follows the contours better,never scalps and leaves an unmatched stripe.It does load up easy with grass and dirt,but a quick scuff turn and it slides off.Id love to adapt a rear roller to the DC,I feel it needs it,but how to do it without scuffing when turning around?The DC is fast,but scalps something aweful compared to the steiner.<p>----------<br>John D<br>

4. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

to Geo:<br>I've seen homeowners watch me mow to find out the 'magic' behind striping. The next week I show up & they've made straight back & forth passes, but it won't leave the finish of a commercial mower. Another good selling point for our services.<p>----------<br>Smitty ô¿ô<br>