1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Deck struts...new part number?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by Keith, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Well I just looked up my deck struts, 103-1072-01, and it shows to use 109-1181. Is there any physical difference in these struts? Different lengths? Anything? Am I correct to assume they use the same strut pin and spherical rod end?

It seems like everything I look up for this mower, the part numbers have changed.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

There's a HUGE difference in the two parts...The original was painted red, and now it's painted black. We did this in order to aid assembly, some struts are very similar, and this helps protect them from using the wrong ones.

Many of the part number changes are for small things, some to allow parts to fit old and new machines, some for production benefit, and obviously some to improve the part or product.

Let us know if you have any questions.

3. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Lenny, that is a huge difference! You sure the red mower won't spit out the black struts thinking there is something terribly wrong with them? :D

Thanks for the info. By the way, when did they go to the new part? If it was very recent, I wonder if the distributor will have these, or if they will still have the 103-1072-01.