Deck washing tool

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MLS, Aug 3, 2000.

1. MLS

MLS LawnSite Member

My dealer got this new little gaget in today. It's a fitting that you bolt on the top of the mowing deck. First you drill a small hole in the top of the deck and then bolt this fitting on top of the hole. Then you hook up a water hose to this fitting, engage the blades, turn on the water and PRESTO the underneath is clean in about twenty seconds. Has anyone ever seen something like this and if so did it work?

2. Lawnnorder

Lawnnorder LawnSite Member

New Toro Prolines have them on their machines. I've tried it and it works fine but found it just as easy (and quicker) to tip the machine on its side and give the underside a wash.

3. yardsmith

yardsmith LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Can you give us the name of the gizmo & how much it cost? I want to see if they have them in my town.......

Smitty Ü

4. MLS

MLS LawnSite Member

Smitty,

I called today and the dealer told me that the thing was made by Toro. He said that he picked them up from one of his friends that run a Toro dealership. I installed mine today and it works great. I still think that its better to clean out from under the deck with a pressure washer a couple of times a week and then spray with PAM. But this thing makes it simple to pull up to the water spicket and wash the deck in a couple of seconds in between yards. It rained very hard here this morning and the grass was wet all day. Instead of having to stop every so often to clean out the deck all I did was run over to the hose and give it a squirt.

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

hustler has been using these on there 251 and 260k units for about 15 years, it is a nice option if used every day.
    toro put these on homeowner unit in the 60's and 70's
    they are not new.
    later
    pj

6. BUSHMASTER

BUSHMASTER LawnSite Senior Member

Toros 21" the man. says two start the mower and direct a water stream under the back right wheel and it work well.
    or if you own a preasure washer just make an extenstion to reach under neath

7. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Some one on Ebay is selling an under-the-deck washing tool. It sounds like it would just make a big mess!

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Oh Yeah! Made by Ronco!!!

9. jrblawncare

jrblawncare LawnSite Senior Member

You guys using presure washers to clean the underside of your decks....have you had any problems with water harming the bearings on your blade spindles...just wondering,THANKS