Decks manufacturers and more

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by S man, Nov 17, 2005.

Which deck do you prefer?

1. Exmark triton

15 vote(s)
  2. Scag advantage

12 vote(s)
  3. John Deere 7 iron

9 vote(s)
  4. Toro sfs

7 vote(s)
  5. Hustler

5 vote(s)
  1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Okay here's the thread for discussing which decks and spindles are the best and what advantages they have and what disadvantages they have. Prices and warranty issues and more. This thread is for learning and working out problems with your equipment too. Okay here's a poll to vote on different mowers.
  2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Exmark's new Triton deck is yet to be judged.
    So is the new XR 7 series Hustler decks.

John Deere 7 Iron is at the bottom of my list. But it does great for lots of people in other areas.

Scag advantage I have never tried. I here it's being replaced thoough.

Toro SFS I do not like. The new Turbo Force deck I do like.

Old Hustler deck, not crazy about it.

My new personal favorite is the Lesco/Cub ZTR deck.
    But I'm open minded to these new offerings hitting the market.
  3. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

The decks we have in the fleet are ,Exmark Tri-Advantage, Exmark Ultra Cut and Toro Turbo Force.I like the non greasable spindles on the Exmark's.The Toro's Turbo Force is a greased spindle ,and i don't like that saddle the blades sit in ,on the spindle. The Tri-Advantage cuts extremely well,stripes excellently,but produces a lot of blowout.

The Ultra-Cut is my favorite deck installed on the machines we own.The Turbo Force ,is just a hair behind the the Ultra Cut in quality of cut.We used SFS decks years ago,bought em ,got rid of the same year, takeing a loss in the process.In heavy spring bluegrass growth,the SFS,has to be the shitiest mower deck ever devised.
  4. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I havn't tried the Triton decks by Exmark, but the Ultra Cut has been on of the best on the market for the last few years.
  5. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

Best deck so far Exmark Ultra Cut. Why is it not on your poll? Worst deck of all time=Toro SFS-I thought that it was the norm to have to double cut till I bought a Exmark..........Cannot believe how much time I wasted my first year.
  6. S man

Envy, the lesco you like is the same as the command cut on cub commercial. What makes it good?
  7. TClawn

TClawn LawnSite Silver Member

you know that the likely hood of you getting a good answer is very unlikely, as very few people have ever owned even 3 of the various decks you have for a very long time.

that said, the trivantage is a great deck, but I feel that sometimes the clippings don't clear the deck fast enough for me.
  8. S man

Hmmn. I see.
  9. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I like the JD 7 irons. One strong arse deck with no welds to rust out.
  10. Charles Odell

Charles Odell LawnSite Member

None Better