1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Decorative curbing

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOMER, Jul 3, 2001.

1. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Is anyone out there installing the decorative curbs? I had a guy come give me some estimates yesterday on a few properties. Went to a job site where they were putting some in so I could see the operation. I Like this stuff! Many designs, colors and impressions that you can put into the concrete while it's still wet. Price was anywhere from 3.25 to 6.00 a foot. Sure would make life easier trimming around that then nothing at all. Looks pretty labor intensive though. At that price I really don't see much profit in it. he tells me he is paying one of his helpers $15.00 an hour and the other one $10.00. Pretty good money for around here. I guess that would be considered "skilled labor"
  2. KD'sLawns

KD'sLawns LawnSite Member

Homer, what exactly is decorative curbing? See if the guy will let you take a picture of his work and post it. It sounds interesting.:confused:
  3. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

4. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

We recently had continuious curbing put in around our house and along both sides of the driveway. We really like it. It really adds "curb appeal" We also installed small bushes and lighting on each side of the drive. It came out real nice. It was well worth the $2.00 per foot. I watched them do some of it. It's neat how they do it.
  5. HOMER

$2.00 a foot sounds like a good price. I saw one he was installing and was charging the guy $6.00 a foot. It was colored to match the brick on his house.

Still looks good though.
  6. HOMER

I just noticed that I misspelled decorative! I don't know what decoratice curbing is.
  7. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a search in the Landscaping Forum. The decorative curbs and their profitability (or lack thereof) was discussed before there. You may find that thread interesting.