Dedicated Amigo.... "Me see nothing."

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by fga, Apr 30, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

I was cutting at this house, one of nicest ones. This guy is "connected" with everyone. His son is always on Montel Williams, he was showing me the guitar that Ritchie Sambora (Bon JOvi) gave him signed....... point is, this guy is a big shot. He's also real cool to me, and always pays, never complains about pricing.
    Yesterday, I come out of weed whackin' the back yard, and i hear a pounding sound, and about 10 kids (early 20's) looking like tough guys standing near my truck. One of these kids was kicking and punching my customers front door. yelling "come out of you f'n house!!" broad daylight, people outside, 4:00. My customer had just left right before this. I'm watching this happen right in front of me in awe. I go to my truck to re gas, (and protect my truck) and trying to decide what to do. I looked for a plate #, but it was a new car with the paper tags in the windows, couldn't read it. They broke his cameras on his front door, his intercom. I'm thinking to myself, these guys have the wrong house. They sped away and I called his cell immediately. "Mike, I try to mind my business, but some kids where just here, beating the crap out of your front door...."
    Turns out, his has a single mother for tenant at the "side" door, who's has a 22 year old son who is always in trouble. these guys where knocking on the wrong door.
    He was gald that I stayed to fill out a police report, and give a description (we were the only witnesses). But he said I should've called the cops while they were there. Listen, I'm not scared of anyone, not even 10 guys there. Especially with a cultivator in reach. Buit if they saw me calling, My truck would have gottn trashed, and that I am scared of. Would you have called immediately, or do things different?

2 things occurred to me after i left........ 1) if i didn't call him, would he have thought i did it? 2)the whole time they're beating on the door, my mexican is going back and forth, between these guys still cutting the lawn........ that had me laughing!!
  2. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

Why don't you move to NH and get away from all that. We'll even let you convert over to a Red Sox fan!
  3. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

at least you got a great worker!!!

I guess your mex is not for hire??? LOL
  5. fga

There's a very thin line between great and stupid!!
  6. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

I feel for you....When I worked there the high point of my trips on the tug boats working the New York harbor was the trip to the Staten Island Mall....gettin' groceries at the Shop Rite...where you had to leave a 25 cent deposit for using the friggin shoppin' cart...

Or sailing by the Staten Island Landfill.

I hate to say it but you live in the worst part of America.

You might have been faced with do you deal with Dominicans listening to rap music?

It is not like that in the Heartland...

I am glad that I don't live there...

Sorry bout your misfortune...

I probably would have went ballistic on them, me being territorial about my surroundings and all that..being born in the United States....I might a got shot....

Those are principals that I live by....

Sorry that had to happen...
  7. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

I would have called the cops and readied the enforcer.
    That's just me though.
  8. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

The .25 keeps the bag lady away!

fga -- I'll have the pleasure of visiting the Island next week. At the beautiful Staten Island Hotel. I'll hook up with a fellow lawnsite member -- even if he is a Yankee fan.

PM if interested. I'll check tomorrow.

nighty night
  9. fga

When i called him on his cell phone, he immediately called the cops. He got home 10 minutes later, the cops got there 45 minutes later. Imagine if it did get scrappy.
    i forgot to mention this guy is huge. way over 6 feet, and works out evry day. If he was home and answered his door when that kid was banging........
  10. fga

Capt ken, You were in the worst part of S.I.. I love living here........sometimes. Richmond terrace is a dump. The ships r the only appealing part of that area. Did you get around at all?
    When I go on vacation which is rare, i see the same crap elsewhere. we like to go to Pa. alot, and see the same wannabe tough guy, rap blastin, low rider cars, etc.. ?????? I'll be driving on the highway, and see a low rider, with a 4' high wing on the car, with a little white kid, rap'n down the road, and its always a car with outter state plates.