Dedicated Brush Cutter vs PB270

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by studentlawn, Jul 5, 2004.

1. studentlawn

studentlawn LawnSite Member

I'm in the market for my first brush cutter. At first I planned to pick up a shinny pb270 and get the brush cutting attachment for it. I've been wanting a power broom so I thought I would hit two birds on this one. Then I researched the shindaiwa brush cutters. I didn't know there was such a selection. Has anyone had experience with a dedicated Shindaiwa brush cutter versus the pb270? Does anyone know the retail on the most powerful shindaiwa brush cutter available in the us. I noticed on the website that the top 3 models were not available in the u.s, I'm assuming because of pollution restrictions. Well the dealer is closed today so I was hoping someone hear could give me some answers.

Thanks

2. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe the most powerful BC's available here are Sthil's. Like the fs 550 @ 3.75hp. I may be wrong. I figure that thing's probably at least a grand...

3. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

ummm those get verry heavy what are your plans with it

4. studentlawn

studentlawn LawnSite Member

Im going to be purchasing one for a 1/2 acre brush hogging job. It will seldom use after the job but I should come in handy down the road. I definitly am not willing to spend a grand. It sounds like the stihl may be a little more then I need.

5. The C Man

The C Man LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Why not just rent something for this one job?