Deed restricted

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by ChadsLawn, Jun 28, 2006.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Does that mean I cant go into that neighborhood and do my flyers? There are so many new neighborhoods going up around me. But they all say "deed restricted"... Some also say "no soliciting" I know not to go into those. But what if they say just "deed restricted"?

Chad

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Deed Restricted basically means it is a HOA Controlled neighborhood with restrictions on what homeowners can and cannot do on/with their property and homes placed either by the HOA or the developer.

3. ChadsLawn

oh ok thanks.. So I cant do flyers there right?

4. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

You can pass out flyers in a deed restricted neighborhood (unless otherwise posted). The deed restriction is just for the homeowners. They have to build their house to a certain standard. Also, usually included is stuff like having to keep the grass cut, no junky looking stuff where others can see it. etc.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

You can pass them out but be prepared to get a negative call or two. We hit some of these areas many times a year and we always get several calls telling us that they don't want flyers put on their house. Sometime if they are irrate enough they will write a letter in their HOA newletter urging other members not to use you because you are a violator. My advise is that go ahead and pass them out and be nice if they call. Often people don't have courage to leave a name or address and often call from unlisted number. We got one call that was so bad I notified police.

6. ChadsLawn

well I guess Ive been lucky. Ive never(knock on wood) had anyone call me other than an estimate.