Deep Freeze?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Sprinkler Buddy, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Think we'll have a hard freeze this year? Mosquitoes are going to be extreme this summer if not. I don't ever recall these kind of warm temps in the month of February. Crazy!

2. I doubt it..I could be way off but the way the whole winter has been, I would be shocked if we had a hard freeze. But, Ric can tell you about a winter in 94 or 95 that that did happen so idk...all I can say is this winter has been a big let down.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Also, keep in mind I'm in South Florida. I think it could happen for the central and north Florida guys but I don't see it for the tropical south Florida guys.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Hard freeze? Very, very unlikely south of Alachua county. Touch freezing temp down to around Polk county? Maybe a 25% chance. Any freezing temp in Marion county-north? 60%.

How's that? :)

5. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

That will work. :)

6. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I am thinking there is not a chance here at this point...just a long hot old summer ahead. Enjoy the first two weeks or so of March until the heat starts rocking.

7. Yup, that's what I'm thinking too...hopefully we can ride out a decent march where it's not too humid. I don't know that I can take march-October of bad weather.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Well look at it this way. The long, hot winter is half over. Only 9 months til EOW!

Side note, I had to give one up because of EOW. The customer thought I should be cutting it every week since it was warm. Even though two weeks of winter growth is still nowhere close to one week in the summer. Great customer. I really like her and her husband. But if I did theirs, I would have to mow every other one in that neighborhood every week in the winter.

9. Yea, 2 weeks of winter growth still doesn't equal 1 of summer. You guys are usually about 10 degrees cooler than us down here too. I've found the edging is usually what's more overgrown than snything else( which makes sense). Was it a big yard?
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. ToddH

ToddH LawnSite Silver Member

I am thinking around 86 I was in Daytona for the race then went to Palm Beach. The weather was nice. I then headed up 95 toward Atlanta, I left early because of a storm coming in. I drove through the start of the storm. It snowed as far south as Miami.