1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Deep Freeze?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Sprinkler Buddy, Feb 8, 2013.

1. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

2. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Me neither...

3. fl-landscapes

fl-landscapes LawnSite Silver Member

Chris, I'm jot trying to be hostile. Just pointing out different ways of doing things and actually agreeing with green t (for once in my life :laugh:) that you are being a little hypocritical in this thread. Bottom line if your on the property every week anyway, why would you care if you have a rake, a hedge trimmer or a mower working that day? Obviously your paid to be there anyway so just do what needs to be done, collect your pay and be happy. Now if they asked you to plant five twenty foot royals now that would be a different story. This thread may linger for a while, but I'm bowing out I've made my points. Again I wasn't being intentionally hostile so don't take it personal.

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I couldn't help to notice the Political Forum is a little slow or trolled out tonight.

5. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah... most wingers have been kinda low key since the election. :rolleyes:

And that Amendment 28 thread?.... quality, quality trolling... :)

6. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Thank You I take that as a real complment coming from the Master. And the heck of it is I actually work part time in retirement and pay taxes like a good winger.

7. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

Stop contaminating this nice forum with your nonsense. You know where to go so we can make fun of you.... :waving:

8. minx

minx LawnSite Member

We do 42 cuts on our contracts.. Last year we had a few jump ship,around December with the sudden non understanding of what a contract means.. This year same happened but later in the season.. Mid to late January.. Some nice folk too.. We also do extra jobs, when there's no mowing, to warrant our presence.. They start with an unsubstantiated grizzle, then they try to justify why you're suddenly not worth the money in winter.... I did explain fully to one customer, ( yet again) expecting the axe, and lo and behold, an email, saying how right I was, and what I had said was totally correct.... And how delighted she was and to keep everything on track.. Cudve knocked me over with a feather.. if only they were all educated.... We can but try one yard at a time. Lol

9. minx

minx LawnSite Member

P.s. meant to say, got our northern yards flowers covered.. Brrr...