Deep Freeze?

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by Sprinkler Buddy, Feb 8, 2013.

1. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

This thread should be preserved so people -20/30/50 years from now- can look back to see the nutty winter of 2012/13.

2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Should not have any frost here tonight but it is chilly for sure, especially considering it is the middle of March. Most of this week the mornings have been pretty brisk with almost perfect conditions by mid morning.

3. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

March 15, 2013, 7:30 am and it's 35 degrees with frost, I am lovin it :cool2:

4. bugsNbows

bugsNbows LawnSite Member

Tis a tad nipply here...spotty frost. Plants all confused as to "what to do" LOL.

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Luckily we are still EOW and this is an O week.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Greg78

Greg78 LawnSite Silver Member

Man I feel left out. We started the morning in the mid 40's.

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Beware the Ides of March for this is also the NO FREEZE DATE for most of South and Central Florida.

8. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

8:15am and 39 degrees with frost last two days here. I thought we were done with it. This past sunday was heat index of 90 and had to run air conditioner. ha!

9. Sprinkler Buddy

Sprinkler Buddy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Neighbors roof is frosted over again. I think this will be the last of it. Mosquitoes have defiantly been zapped this month. lol

10. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting enough Orlando, over a 100 miles North of us, is 8 to 10 degrees warmer this morning.

BTW Wunderground.com is reporting a 9:00 am Temperature of 47.9 at the BILLS LAWN AND LANDSCAPE weather reporting station.

As a general rule the East Coast of Florida is warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer than the Gulf Coast of Florida. Bahama Breezes and the Gulf Stream are major factors that cause this. Rainy season lasts longer on the East Coast and the soil has more SOM. Fact is Homestead Florida has some of the best soil and growing environment in the country.