1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Deep root fertilizing pricing

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by GrazerZ, Mar 5, 2001.

1. GrazerZ

GrazerZ LawnSite Senior Member

My question has sereral parts to it.
    First I recently recieved a brochure from Plant Health Care.com. They offer products like Tree injectables that contain mycorrizial fungi and VAM fungi to help trees. Has anyone had good results with this companys products. They seem laget but I know that some think of it as smoke and mirrors. Secondly, if you do use it, what is a resonable rate to chare for applications. One box of 4, 8oz pakages is good for 800 injections. At $148.00 a box I need baseline for pricing. Thanx for your help.

2. Rodney Anderson

Rodney Anderson LawnSite Member

I have used Mycorrizea and only use on new landscape instalations and try to sell it every three to four years to those properties. I buy alot from Plant Health Care and have visisted their Facility and they are very good. The draw back is their products are expensive and difficult to sell to the home owner. Use the pictues in their brochures to show the home owner. I use only one kind of tree fertizer. Doggett is the best out there no matter who says what. Their product has the nutrients you need for successfull tree growth. And has alot of humic acid for hairy feeder root growth. Once you ude it you'll never use any thing else, trust me. Doggett 800-448-1862
    e mail doggett@compuserve.com

3. Foster

Foster LawnSite Member

I charge a $1.50 per gal. for just the fertilizer and $2.50 for fert and mycorhizae.