Deep-Tine Aerification

Discussion in 'Sports Field Management' started by foreplease, Oct 23, 2008.

1. OSU 09

OSU 09 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

We have used deep tine areation on a few fields and it has worked well for us. We recently had a football practice field that had some drainage/compaction issues, so for it we went with the drill and fill process. It is a very slow process, but very effective.

2. MAJBROWN88

MAJBROWN88 LawnSite Member

Dear Foreplease,
    I was impressed with the amt of time and research placed into your decision. I was hoping that you could supply me with the contact information of the business that performed the demonstration. I would greatly appreciate the information.

3. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks MAJORBROWN88. I used Davey Golf Course Maintenance in Auburn, MI. I just looked at their web site which lists a Kent, OH office you might find more convenient. I now understand there is another good company closer to me, but Davey went out of their way to help me out initially and I have no reason to change. Quite the opposite, I hope I can come up with enough work to keep them interested in working with me.

TMarch: we paid a lot less than 1 1/2 cents/square foot. The hole spacing was 6" x 7". Everybody's budgets are off this year but we're going to try to core deep on the soil fields and probably continue deep tining on sand.

4. MAJBROWN88

Foreplease,
    Care to give me the name of the other company as well? I would really appreciate it.

5. MAJBROWN88

Dear Green World brothers and sisters,
    I am trying to locate all deep tine aerating businesses throughout OH, KY, and IN. I would appreciate any business contact information. For the record, I am trying to drum up some tine business. I will gladly send anyone a Toro hat for their assistance. Thanks

6. foreplease

foreplease LawnSite Bronze Member

The other company is Turf Services of Spring Lake, MI. Although I have never met or spoken with them, someone I think very highly of has told me great things about them. There is good information on their web site.

It was kind of a crazy accident that my path and Davey Golf's crossed when they did. That said, they were so prompt and accommodating that I have not felt any reason to contact anyone else. It's not as if I have an occasion to provide this service every week or even every month. Trying to do some every season.

If the Davey demo had not happened as it did, I probably would have contacted Turf Services and been quite happy with them.