Deer or Ex-mark

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lightning01svt, Jul 25, 2003.

1. lightning01svt

lightning01svt LawnSite Member

Considering buying a new 737 deer or an equivalent size Ex-mark. Any thoughts on this would be helpful. If any one has bought one, what kind of price should I expect.

Thanks for your help

2. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

No brainer. Once you've used them side by side, shoot once you've used them both period, it's plain which one is better. The Deere 7-iron deck is worthless. Not just that but the green paint alone is expensive.

3. lightning01svt

lmao! So I take it you suggest the Ex-mark, or other.

4. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

im very happy with my exmark lazor z hp 44":D

where at in L.A. are ya located lightning?

im in ocean springs, ms

5. lightning01svt

I am in Mobile. I talk to Passagula, but they don't wont to realy do any kind of trading. I am going to look into dumping this Leso as advicsed! :D

6. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Have you actually used the John Deere? I haven't, but I know a few guys in my area that use them and like them.

7. longviewlawncare

longviewlawncare LawnSite Senior Member

the 7-iron deck is not junk. I have one and love it. If i had to buy another one i would buy exmark just for deaker support and the overall design i like a liitle better. I along with anothe lco in town fun JD 1445 front deck mowers with a 72" 7-iron deck. The cut of these units in my opinion is as good as my emark walkbehinds cut. It comes down to which one you like better, Use both and then decide.

8. lugnut#6

lugnut#6 LawnSite Senior Member

POPPS FERRY SALES & SVC
    2041 POPPS FERRY RD
    BILOXI, MS 39532
    228-385-2400
    Fax: 228-388-6218
    Email: pfss@datasync.com

PASCAGOULA SERVICE CENTER
    1105 INGALLS AVE
    PASCAGOULA, MS 39567
    228/769-1955
    Fax: 228/769-1955
    Email: passervicecenter@bellsouth.net

CHICO STREET SAW & MOWER
    2412 CHICO ST
    PASCAGOULA, MS 39581
    228-769-8322
    Fax: 228-769-8309

pops ferry is our largest exmark dealer in my area

9. lightning01svt

Thanks! I will give him a call real quick and see what he has to offer. Thanks for the imput.

10. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

lightning, yes eXmark is my pic.

tvov yes I used the JD alot a couple summers ago. I used it all day once a week every stinkin' week of the summer... it cut aweful at any speed. Clumped and long clippings. hated it.

longview, maybe you have one of the newer ones I hear they've improved alittle over the previous design that i used. I've not used the new one, but the biggest JD dealer around has eXmark and they mow their huge 10 +/- acre lot with eXmark, ought to tell you something. The salesman brags on the JD deck and says he'll put it up against anything, but he also says that about eXmark and I think he's just trying to get rid of all of those JD's :D also I'd bet that he makes more on a JD sale than an Exmark sale. The places around here that are mowed with the 7 iron deck look awful, the places done with eXmarks look great including mine :D Ya'll can try the JD if you like it good, but I just have this thing with JD and their "commercial" equipment.