Deer Treatments?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by sjj14, Jul 25, 2004.

1. sjj14

sjj14 LawnSite Member

Anyone use Deer repellents applications on trees and shrubbery? I have had several customers ask about it and I am not familiar with these products enough to give a quality response. I am researching products but any help would be nice!

2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Capsaicin ( Hot Sauce).

3. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Plantskydd. Best stuff I have found, sometimes can get by with 2 treatments a year.

If that don't work, Remington .270 usually does the trick.:D

Buck

4. sjj14

sjj14 LawnSite Member

Up north, how much do you pay for Plantskydd? What do you charge per app?/Tree. Any side affects for tree in high heat or other circumsatnces?

5. Up North

from MN

Sjj14,
    It runs about $20 for quart size or $50 for 5 quarts. Price varies depending on who you buy it from, you can also can get the powder to mix your own.

I don't offer this as a service to my customers yet as I don't have a fert., herb., & pest., license yet. But I apply this to my own shrubs, trees, plants and it works great. Doesn't wash off like most other products will, I think one of the main components is dried blood.

Here's a link to the web site.

http://www.plantskydd.com/

6. turfsolutions

turfsolutions LawnSite Senior Member

I use invisible fence deer repellent. Has worked well for the past year and a half. Most garden centers carry it.

7. Pilgrims' Pride

Pilgrims' Pride LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA.

I like the 30-06 myself up north!

8. Up North

from MN

Pilgrims Pride,
    You won't have any problems with a trusty ol' 30-06! :gunsfirin

Buck

9. Turf Medic

Turf Medic LawnSite Bronze Member

haven't tried it myself but the mosquito barrier web site says that their product will work for deer, rabbits and fowl as well as mosquitos

10. bugpage

bugpage LawnSite Member

We offer Plantskydd and Tree Guard, all sizes. If your interested call 800-950-4883, Dallas can help you. Tell him you want dealer discount pricing. Over the past years we've had excellent feed-back on both products.

Chris
    USS