Deere 120D

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by coopers, Jun 8, 2008.

1. coopers

coopers LawnSite Bronze Member

2. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

A Volvo wannabe :laugh:

Nothing is better than Hitachi Orange thou :canadaflag:

3. CAT MAN

CAT MAN LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

Well I havent seen the bigger deere's with the black boom yet but the 50d looks sharp

4. Dirt Digger2

Dirt Digger2 LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

yea they have been out for a little while...i talked to a Deere dealer back in February and he was really excited about them. He told me he went out to the proving grounds in Arizona and got to test one out. He said he turned the key to start it up and didn't hear a thing so he turned the key again and the guy out there yelled at him because the engine started on his first try....he said they are super quiet and responsive

Deere had a good thing going with the C series...i have spent a number of hours in a 120C and i liked it...minus the size, so maybe i will get a chance to hop in a D sometime

5. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

I ran a 160C a few times. Did you find them to be louder than most machine?

They just seem louder in the cab than most machine that I've been on around the same year as the 160C.

6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Still better as a Hitachi, I hate it when every Deere sales rep talks about all the changes that "they" have made, even though "they" know damn well Hitachi makes the changes.

Screw you Deere!

7. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

Again talking to the mechanics the other day the one mechanic was ordering a new joystick for a Deere 300excavator went through Deere (Brandt) and they couldn't get the full handle just parts came to 650 dollars phoned Wajax (Hitachi) had the same handle complete and instock for 250 dollars.

Deere is way out of whack with their prices and with the Deere engines being so poor on fuel economy contractors are not going back to deere.

Even right from the old UH machine Hitachi has had a decent chunk of the market.

8. coopers

The new Deere/Hitachi excavators look like they are very nice in the cab etc. I am excited to drive one when that opportunity comes up. I like how you can see so much more out of the cabs now, still, black boom not cool. :)

9. coopers

Another thing is I am not feeling the stupid colors Hitachi is putting on their zx120-3 and all the others. The cab looks stupid and the white and yellow on the orange looks horrible. It's going back to the old ex look, yuck!

10. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I'd rather have a new machine that looks ugly and runs cheap that to have one that looks like eye candy and runs like a drunk on Friday night.
    :laugh: