Deere 250 Skidsteer Problem

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Restrorob, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

We have this skidsteer in our rental fleet, It's just out of warranty and has less than 500hrs.
    The problem; Customer was leveling ground and the park brake locked on it's own, The unit nor the bucket will move. luckly the bucket was off the ground enough I was able to jump the solinoid along side the hydro filter and get it backed up on the trailer and back to the shop.
    This is what I've done; Check fuses and found all good but one melted a little and replaced it anyway, Bypass seat and saftey belt switches. There is three relays below the fuse box, Played musical chairs with them. Tested brake and ignition switches per Service Manual and found both bad so replaced them. Tested three more solinoids on the spool per manual and found good. I did notice while testing that I did in fact have voltage on one lead to all solinoids but no ground on the other lead.

Can anybody out there give me a idea where I need to go to start looking for this ground fault ? Could it be one of the relays ?
    This thing has me :realmad: :help:

2. Restrorob

Didn't think I'd get any replies but it was worth a shot anyway, I'll go to work in the morning and figure it out on my own. :waving:

3. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a search for my threads about Deere. We had the same machine, same problems. Get ready to put an updated, complete wiring harness in it and a new gauge cluster along with all the relays that are in the machine. $3500 later you'll have the POS working. I highly recommend unloading the turd as fast as you can before something else goes wrong. 280 hours on our machine when it happened. Oh yeah, Deere didn't stand behind it either. They admittedly know of the problem, but won't take care of it. My blood still boils over the deal two years later.

4. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

restrobob, I'm sorry you didn't get any replies... for future reference, if you can afford to wait, it may take a while for some of the knowledgable guys to get a good response out.

Anyhow, best of luck to you. Randy didn't have a good experience (at all) with Deere, and furthermore, Deere didn't help him when they should have. One of those "rotten apple" type experiences that no one wants to have.

5. Restrorob

Thanks Guys, I'm just in a really bad bind right now. Boss is on my back, Phone is ringing off the hook (customers wanting to rent it) all my other work getting behind, This has been a fun one. :angry: Fixin to tell boss to call deere I'm done !

6. Polo field slave

Polo field slave LawnSite Member
    from HI

Hey Rob, unrelated but my polaris virage txi won't start, new plugs and battery put when I kick it over it starts then dies.
    been sitting 3 months since last run.
    Where do I look first?

Bob

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Check your fuel filter, it may be gummed.

8. iowacatman

iowacatman LawnSite Member

I agree with Scag, check the fuel filter. If the fuel cap is vented, try taking it off, then starting. You also may have a plugged main jet in the carb.

9. Polo field slave

Polo field slave LawnSite Member
    from HI

Thanks guys, it is fuel injected, so no carbs, with those FICHT fuel injectors. I am not sure where the fuel filter is on this thing. I'll get into after work tonight.

10. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

Rob.. you get it fixed yet? I had a 260 do the same thing and I cant for the life of me remember what I did to fix it! I do know it drove me really crazy for a couple days,,err DAZE!