Deere 310SG

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Duramax8832, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Duramax8832

Duramax8832 LawnSite Member

It's time for a backhoe, id like to have it for this winter incase we get any snow. Before i get a salesman on my case, Id like to find out how much it's going to cost me.. No fancy couplers, just a 12ft pusher box. Any input would be appreciated.

2. murray83

murray83 LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on what options you want on it.Standard stick or extend able?,do you want wobble stick or pilot controls?

Another question I have is do you really need the backhoe?,if your just doing plowing then look at a skid steer.A used deere 310SG is gonna run you $45-60,000

You'll be looking at around a grand or 2 per month in payments.

3. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

do you have a truck to haul it around?

4. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

If it's used with decent hours (no more than 3-4,000), you're going to pay at least $40K. Not sure if you're looking a new or...? New backhoes are in the $90K range, kinda ridiculous.

6. murray83

murray83 LawnSite Senior Member

Ha yer telling me, talked to a local guy who bought a 420E IT and it was around $110,000 canadian :confused: I'm scared to ask the price on the new Deere H series

7. Duramax8832

Duramax8832 LawnSite Member

Mainly snow removal, but i do lot of trenching for my friends electric business now.. Have used a skid alot in the past, just a lil too small for my applications. Id like to go with pilots, im used to my dads Deere 200 Excavator. I really just need a machine that can do a little bit of everything.. Id really like to go new, seeing as i will have it for the next 20 years or more hopefully..

8. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

You're going to be talking almost 100K new. What are you going to tow or move it with?

9. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Nobody knows your situation like you, but unless you have a lot of money to kill It doesn't appear to make a lot of sense to buy a new hoe to push snow and dig utilities for one electrical company. I am sure your local Deere salesman will be happy to get you into an SG regardless of what your business plan is.

10. Gravel Rat

Gravel Rat LawnSite Fanatic

When it comes to rubber tired hoes its pretty hard to beat Case the 580s and 590s keep going and going.