1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Deere 36in. STAY AWAY!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dcgreenspro, Oct 7, 2006.

1. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

Got a demo from my local jd dealer. Nice guy, alwaya helps me out in a jam. Tell him i was thinking about getting a Quick 36 Samuri. He tells me deere makes a 36 and i can demo one in a couple of days. got it today and took it to a couple of my prop. to see what it could do w/ wet grass. Mower couldn't handle it in 2nd gear, deck kept clogging up and it wasn't like these were overgrown properities eithier. The price is around 3,000. Guess i shouldn't have wasted my time.
  2. laxative

laxative LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I have one a few years old and use it mostly for stupid high grass this year. I get it out when everything else will bog down, like yards that haven't been cut all year. Busted a few belts and blades on hidden tree stumps, and a piece of train track but otherwise no problems. It NEVER clogs up, and very very rarely bogs down much at all, unless it's really wet.

Mine has an older style deck I think. And I paid $1500 for it used but without a scratch. $3k is too freakin' much for one.