Deere 757 or 777?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Steve1, Jun 27, 2004.

1. Steve1

Steve1 LawnSite Senior Member

I really like both of these units. Either one would have the 60" 7-Iron deck and the major differences are that the 757 is the "Mid frame" design, 25 HP Kaw air cooled horizontal shaft while the 777 is the Deere "Max-frame" design, 27 HP Kaw Liquid Cooled horizontal shaft unit.

I can buy the 777 for about $900 more than the 757 - do you think the LC/large frame is worth the extra $$$?
  2. Steve1

Anyone here with opinions on either unit they are willing to share?
  3. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed a 777 about three weeks ago and just placed my order for one yesterday. I looked at a bunch of different manufacturers and even some other deere machines like the 757. I am purchasing the 777 to cut back on my cutting time and hopefully create more time for sidework. I don't know what you were quoted for the machines, but to me I would go for the more HP/ Bigger frame. I have been doing this for like 14 years now and I can tell you one thing - Don't skimp on equipment -
    Anyway I did not demo the 757 but the 777 I was extremely impressed with.
    If you don't mind what was the price for the 777?
  4. Steve1

I had one dealer quote me $7700 but that was with waiting for it until the first of August. The one I would be buying is at a different dealer and he quoted me $$8000 plus tax.

I definitely like the higher HP, the liquid cooling and the bigger frame of the 777.

How about you? Is my quote comparable? Do you think that's a good price?

Thanks for your reply.
  5. jpmako

jpmako LawnSite Senior Member

I had called around to a couple of different dealers to see about the deal I was quoted. Not one of them could even come close. Total for the machine is $8400.00 + Tax = $9096.00
    The other dealers in my area said they could not go below $9200.00 for the machine, and that did not include tax. But I do have to wait - delivery date is July 28th
    I do think the bigger frame and liquid cooled engine is worth the extra money. I think that in the long run you will be happy that you spent the money and got the bigger machine.

Hope this helps!
  6. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

yankin' our chain, he can't make his mind up...just look at his previous post....

for polls on everthing from ztrs to walks....

I believe he wants US to make up his mind for him....

Time and effort to spent to help him and he doesn't even

acknowledge your effort!

What next?

I spent a part of a rainy afternoon, and I didn't mind doing so.....

taking pictures of the "Wheelies" on the rear of my Hustler Z and

answering his

questions and concerns because he thought the Hustler was

huh steveo?

:angel: kenny
  7. Steve1

Kenny, no - I am not fishing. Your pics of the wheels on your Hustler were a great help and I appreciated them. I was gone for a few days so I did not get a chance to thank you so I apologize for that. These threads move so fast I lost track of them so again, I am sorry.

I am NOT yanking anyone's chain. I have never owned a ZTR before and I do not want to buy something on a flash.

I HAVE used the search feature - numerous times and still, a lot of the equipment is changing rapidly so that is why often the posts found on the search feature are not much help.

There have been numerous threads by numerous members here, many of which are duplicated by others, including myself. If that annoys you, again - I apologize. I only want the most current info to help me make a solid decision.

I have demo'd every major out there because those of you (like yourself) have recommended it. I have asked numerous questions all in the name of research.

In the end, most of the opinions expressed on this great site are just that - opinions. While those are helpful, experience with the equipment is even more valuable.

Again, I'm sorry if my persistent questions and posts have annoyed you. I thought this site was here to help everyone, not just those who run mega-mowing businesses.

That is all I want - your help. Not to make my mind up for me. I do not wish to pay several thousand dollars on a spur of the moment decision. All the answers have indeed helped me a lot, including yours Kenny.

Sorry if I seemed ungrateful.