Deere 764 High Speed Dozer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Dirtman2007, Jan 27, 2010.

1. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Well I was running down the road today and spotted a new 764 at the dealer. Pulled a illegal U turn and wala here it is.

Taked to the boy cleaning it, goes over 40mph, and the price was over $700,000

Here is the video of it moving

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXwme0FIRO8&feature=email

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I still don't get the point of it? How do the tracks handle the speed? I heard someone a couple hours north of here had bought one.

3. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The dirt rags I thought were saying around 400K which I thought was fricking crazy. If the wash boy is right and I doubt he is, 700K is certifiably insane. Deere will never sell these things at that price. Especially now. Make for some nice 700K yard art thou.

4. Dirtman2007

Dirtman2007 LawnSite Platinum Member

Thats what I was saying. I wouldn't pay 200K for it if i had the money to do so. I would much rather have a new 700J

5. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

40mph?! Thats haulin!

6. PTSolutions

PTSolutions LawnSite Silver Member
    from OH

in all seriousness, how fast can you really grade? ive heard that itll do 18mph with the blade down, but at that point how well can the lasers keep up with it??

best use for it that i could think of is airport snow removal, put a big 12-16 foot pusher or variable blade on it and it would make quick work of runways.

7. tmf lawn care

tmf lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

that look sick why would u nned to go 40mph with a dozer :usflag::weightlifter:

8. wanabe

wanabe LawnSite Senior Member
    from So. IL

Just ask any Case IH quad track owner how well the tracks/uc holds up at road speeds! Heat at 40 mph will kill them!

9. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Good point. As for plowing, it can't come close to a wheel loader.

10. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I am sure the 40mph is for in between jobs for like garding one side of lot then running to the other side and back or for graders and then having to run and dump them far away. It is defintely a Niche machine not for all situations. I bet a lot of people said it about a ctl/mtl loader when they came out saying why use that tiny machine when they use their dozer or track loader and then the uses were found.