Deere 915B seat question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by bmwtech330, Sep 24, 2013.

1. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't see any difference in the one I posted in #13.. It looks the exact same only a $100 cheaper..

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I have measured the hole spacing for both the A models and the newer R models. They are different. A couple new holes drilled in the pan and that should mount up no problem. IIRC, they holes are the same side to side, but different in spacing on length by about 1/2-1".

As far as the slider- that guys is lying to you. The Deere model keeps the slider track too. All you get for tracks is the opposite track and the parts to make the swap.

3. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Mounting hole spacing and the attaching parts is usually the difference.

4. weaver

It used to be so simple. Now they change to much from year to year.. But if all i had to do is drill 2 new holes & save $100 & everything worked like it should.. I'm gonna save the $100..

5. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Agreed. I guess they needed to find new ways to screw customers over, so they started altering add on fit-up from model to model.:rolleyes:

The one they have on e-bay for mine was $70 less than the one at the dealer, but the one at the dealer bolted right up, allowed the slide to work correctly, and no wiring changes or alterations were needed, so i was happy to spend the extra money. It sure made the ride a ton better. Now if those losers at JD would actually get the flex forks out on the market..............then I'd really be riding in comfort.:D

6. weaver

I know.. I was looking at that farm guys Hustler pics the other day trying to figure out how I could get those flex forks to work on my mower.. Wishful thinking I guess..

7. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

They may not ride like flex forks.....quite, but true pneumatic front tires make a whale of a difference in ride quality. If Deere doesn't get their flex forks out soon, I may just buy some new front wheels and pneumatic tires. I've had them before and it's unbelievable how much better they ride once you find the best PSI for them and your machine.

8. DawsonLC

DawsonLC LawnSite Member

True on the pneumatic front tires. My scag has them and rides better than the deere with noflats.

9. Fuzzy1

Fuzzy1 LawnSite Senior Member

10. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

I was going to buy one of those not too long ago, but you have to drill two new holes on the A model platform (side to side which threw it off center), but might be able to bolt it directly on the new R models. Measure your hole spacing and then compare to the Northern seat (or maybe that's what you already did). I am almost positive that the spacing is off from the R model side to side as well (going off my memory here). I know the R model is off from the A model lengthwise (front to back) and that was a big reason I didn't buy the new sus seat when I started shopping around.