Deere baggers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HazellLawnCare, Dec 4, 2006.

1. HazellLawnCare

HazellLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

Do any of you have the new Deere baggers for the zero turn mowers? I seriously thought about buying all Deere equipment the last time we replaced everything but was not impressed with the baggers for the z's. I understand they have redesigned this setup but I can't find any pictures anywhere. If any of you can help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

2. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

i know the power unit was updated. and they offer 2 and 3 bag systems (just like the exmark), and a "clam shell" type, which i haven't seen, but have priced out. it holds a lot of grass if i remember correctly, all are a little salty but worth it.

i had a front z trak a few years back with a bagger system. the power unit made the mower a lot wider than i liked, and being a front mount it was long too. but it was the best bagging system i have ever used, held a lot of grass, and dumped from the seat with a handle beside the seat. also the deck flipped up for easy cleaning.

3. HazellLawnCare

I am really interested in the 3 bag bagger on either a 777 or a 797. The one they used to have looked pretty cheap, much like the homeowner rider only on a large scale.

4. HazellLawnCare

Has no one seen the new setup? I would think deere would have a picture of it on their website but they don't.

5. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

6. duke & sons

duke & sons LawnSite Member

I have a 737 with the 3 bagger system. I had the old plastic style blower on it until this year. It did ok, but the housing would only last one fall bagging leaves. I bought the new 7iron MCS blower this year. I am currently using it on leaves and pine straw. The difference between the two blowers is night and day. The new MCS processes the debris much better. You can go much faster and the rpms on the mower stay more constant. The old blower would choke the engine down in heavy leaves and would plug the chute.

I have not been able to plug the chute in wet thick leaves and I have tried.

I would highly recommend the new MCS. The only problem I have, is the air flow meter shows full to soon, due to the high air flow from the blower.

7. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

duke, good info, do you mind sharing the price of the unit??

thanks

8. duke & sons

duke & sons LawnSite Member

The blower, chute, and other parts were around $1000. I already had the 14 bushel bagging system. The whole bagging system will run in the $2000 to $3000 range.