1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Deere + Bunton?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chopsticks33, Dec 7, 2005.

1. chopsticks33

chopsticks33 LawnSite Member

2. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

hey that mower is like 4 miles from me, to bad over priced
  3. Bunton used to be there own company , based in Louisville, ky. till they were bought out, by textron or jacobson.
  4. dfor

dfor LawnSite Senior Member

I do believe that John Deere and Bunton use to be on in the same. Late 80's???
  5. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

Yes john deere and bunton were almost exact machines with minor differences in the 80's. Very good quality machines though.
  6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

What would be a good price then? If its that close, ide say make him an offer!!!
  7. chopsticks33

chopsticks33 LawnSite Member

yeah...really good machine, ran well til the engine blew (oops)
  8. naturescape

naturescape LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually, I believe Bunton made the machines for Deere, back in the late 80s.
  9. mjean

mjean LawnSite Member

textron is actualy the parent company for several manufacters bunton, deer, ryan, bobcat, steers. they have there hands in alot of pockets. I run all Bunton and Bobca machines and have little problems with either. all depends on your maintenance schedule
  10. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

No, Textron doesn't make any Deere equipment or skid steers. The Bob Cat skid steers are made by Ingersol.