Deere Dealers selling Ex-Mark

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by deere ZTR, Jul 9, 2003.

1. deere ZTR

deere ZTR LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

I recently visited two Ex-Mark dealers and I am going to demo on Friday. However I also had a discussion with another local dealer of another brand and he said that he had it from a pretty good source that John Deere was going to demand that Deere dealers stop selling Ex-Mark. Is there any truth to this??? This could be devistating to me because my nearest Ex-Mark dealer is a Deere dealer and that could be major set back if I go with Ex-Mark.

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Deere ZTR,

There is an element of truth in the rumor. I've not seen the program but it has to do with the amount of competing products vs Deere products on the dealers showroom floor. My understanding is that they just want to see on green machine for every red one of the floor.

I wouldn't worry too much about being able to get parts or service for your Exmark equipment. The only change that you should see is more green on the showroom than there used to be. The same number of Exmark parts will still be in inventory and the technicians will still be attending the Exmark service schools and so on.

Thus far from what we’ve heard most dealers don’t like to be told how to run their business so we’ll probably pick up a few extra sales here and there.

Thanks

Terry

3. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

Theres a huge JOHN DEERE dealer in Cleveland who also carries Scag.But they really push the deere products.However you can't get the JD finance deal on scag.It looks like they would carry GreatDane instead of anything else.

4. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

there is a local dealer here that sells both, they just started carrying exmark late last year or early this year but they sell so much of it there is usually only 3 exmark's out on display. they are well within their limits of green to red. also they tell me that john deere credit WILL finance exmark.