Deere E series skid steers and CTL's

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Bleed Green, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Anybody heard anything about these? Just saw a press release on Deere's website about them and a video on youtube.

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Looks like they are using Yanmar motors instead of Deere (must not have been able to make them Tier compliant. They finally added Ride Control was some of the things I saw.

3. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

interesting that the small frame machines have a bit of a different boom style than the larger frame machines. The larger frame machines don't look much different from the D series.

4. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Just talked to Deere saleman today said they was going with the Yanmar engine around 97HP,didn't say anything about the ride control things ,but we got off on other things.Did say a fully loaded machine was going to be close to the 100K mark list price,but probably could be bought around the 75k range.He said that was really fully loaded machine,not sure if he was talking with the forestery package or not.

Saw a D model on machinery trader the other day with the forestery package and look really thought out to me.Tried robbing the picture ,but they evidently fixed it so you can do that or at least it didn't work for me like in the pass.Too many scammer stealing them and putting on Craiglist?

5. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Everyone is using Japanese diesel engines in the skid steers now. Score 1 for the good guys.
    But Deere still has the same goofy loader design.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. t190

t190 LawnSite Member

i saw a 333E last october at the factory... have a picture somewhere. didn't really stop to look as it was a forestry customer trip.

7. t190

t190 LawnSite Member

333 e last oct

316718_10150939276310716_322106006_n.jpg

8. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought it was peculiar when CAT went with the Kubota, but nothing is shocks me anymore....except maybe Takeuchi deciding to brand Terex's skid steer. That seems desperate.

9. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I still see no upside for TK doing that...

10. Digdeep

Digdeep LawnSite Bronze Member

None. Has anyone seen a Tak SSL in "flesh and blood", or know anyone who's purchased one? Last time I looked at them the dealer that had them was pi$$ed at all the leaks and the fact that they didn't offer high flow, weren't allowed to order counterweights for the 50 or 60hp radial machines, and parts prices were outrageous compared to similar Case parts.