Deere E series skid steers and CTL's

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Bleed Green, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Skidsteerman

Skidsteerman LawnSite Senior Member

The pedals responded the best out of any foot I've ever operated IMO. The EH steering JY controllers were different and will take getting used too.

Now, the unit we have is all controls in one and the joysticks are not gated. The EH foot controls only will have gated controllers and I'm sure this will change it some.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

It surprises me that they would offer EH foot controls. It would be interesting to know the take rate on that. It seems to be a contradiction really. Using your feet to control the machine, is less exact than your hands, so to add a very precise method of control (EH) and put it on a system that uses your feet to control at least the loader functions would seem to be a bit odd at least to me. Perhaps they are on to something or they wasted a lot of R&D $.

3. Bleed Green

Bleed Green LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess it's all what you get used to. I like the foot controls but that's all I've run.

4. Skidsteerman

^ this

You can not believe the amount of operators that know foot controls and refuse to consider changing to ISO. I would never sway anybody to learn goofy H pattern over... Well anything.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. JDSKIDSTEER

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

It has been a very busy year and I have been on here very little this year.

Well I have been pretty quiet about the E series because we decided to order all the D's we could get. I sell so many I got tired of being the guinea pig to get the bugs out for everyone else......I finally ran out of 333D's and pulled my E from out back. It runs smoother, quieter, cleaner in the cab and stronger......Sold it right away with Bradco ground shark. My favorite set up....Did I mention it ran quieter????

Ask me next spring and I will tell you how they hold up.

6. Junior M

Junior M LawnSite Fanatic

Pictures?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Skidsteerman

So far they've been pretty freakin awesome. I would not hesitate to send out the 329E today as it has bigger balls then the 333D did. Be sure to down load lastest software and check charge pressures on any unit you send out.

Deere has a nice unit today no matter what bias Ron says.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

I still hate the loaders.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

:laugh: That's just funny. :laugh:

10. Skidsteerman

:laughing:
    Posted via Mobile Device