Deere Hub Leaking

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by FearThisDeere, Jan 28, 2008.

1. FearThisDeere

FearThisDeere LawnSite Bronze Member

I just got done putting my Deere 4310 away from plowing. I noticed on the front left wheel that there some green fluid on the inside of the wheel. I would assume that it is leaking hub fluid. Anybody know to rememdy this or is it off to the dealer? 377 hard hours and this is my first "real" problem. Other than this the parking brake light stays on. I have to say that I'm very happy with this tractor.:usflag:

2. lot0210

lot0210 LawnSite Member

Its probably the wheel seal if it is you will lose baring oil and the bearings will warp and seize so if you are not sure take it to the dealer for a looksee just to be safe. Plus its less expensive than needing a new set of bearings.

3. FearThisDeere

Sounds like a plan.

4. DiyDave

DiyDave LawnSite Bronze Member

377 hrs, and you wore it out already!:hammerhead::hammerhead:
    (just kidding!):laugh::laugh:

5. FearThisDeere

Hahaha. Time for a new one I guess!

6. Mlc gmc03

Mlc gmc03 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

we have a 3320 and had the same problem but it was on the right side instead of the left took it off to the dealer and it was back in no time good as new lucky for me it was covered by warante

7. FearThisDeere

I'm pretty sure my warranty had more than expired. It magically stopped leaking, but it's still going to go in anyway just for a checkup.

8. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

Let me guess FTD, you do a lot of loader work without a rear counterweight correct?

9. FearThisDeere

Bingo. Very uneven ground too. I knew it was a matter of time. Building a rear counterweight has been on the top of the list since I've bought the tractor. Somehow I still havn't done it yet.:cry:

10. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I did the same thing. I now have my rear tires filled & use a counterweight as well if im doing super heavy material like wet loam or stone dust. Live & learn right?