Deere Introduces High Speed Dozer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by RentalGuy, Mar 11, 2008.

1. RentalGuy

RentalGuy LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

JDSKIDSTEER LawnSite Bronze Member

Wild. I am going to Coal Valley testing ground to see new loaders at the end of the month. Maybe I will see this there.
  3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Look like Mattracks.
  4. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Looks kinda neat. I bet it would shine at fine grading but as big as it is it would have to be a big area such as a parking lot. Maybe in some ways it was built to assist a grader possible. Looks like the same undercarriage as a Case Ih Steiger Quad Trac. The patent I bet is close to if not already running out on the Steiger undercarriage setup.
  5. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

Wonder what that would cost? i wonder how thats going to work out for them, i think they will do pretty well. John Deere always coming out with something new:cool2::cool2:
  6. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I know Deere is smart but I really can't see the use of it. The machine has to be real spendy, what is the intended niche?
  7. BIGBEN2004

BIGBEN2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I wonder how well the tracks will last traveling at 18 Mph on the road. I know farm tractors with tracks do the same speed but they tend to not move a whole lot but just one field and then another. The way they made that machine sound I bet allot of people will road run that thing to a whole lot of different jobs instead of hauling it on a low boy. That would make that machine more worth having for just that reason it is more versitile.
  8. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

What a joke, all that weight and length, and it only has 200 horses? A D-9 could out push it, I see it's only use as pulling scrapers, not finish dozing.
  9. Fieldman12

Fieldman12 LawnSite Bronze Member

Like I said it is basically a bareback Steiger Quad Trac. I could see them equipping it with a set of hydraulics and pulling a ripper. I think it would be great for packing silage in a bunk. I know they have good traction. I doubt the undercariage and tracks would be cheap to replace. Like others side roading the machine would be it's best feature. It would be quick as far as that goes. As far as grading fast. I could see it being smother than a dozer since it is distributed from front to back but still in heavy grading material I just dont see it being that much faster than a basic dozer.
  10. cat2

cat2 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Mi

yeah i agree with that, now that i take a closer look at it