Deere is going Animal!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Tonyr, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

So much for a great way of keeping the cooling system cool, 5 minutes.....
    mowing dry bermuda, removing 1''.

see the large debris on the radiator....this shouldn't be there as the radiator is supposed to be sealed to an internal duct, nothing that can't get through the rear screen should get in.

BUT they failed to seal it properly, and no fix in 2 months of notification.

This obviously causes the engine to get hot and that isn't good.

Can't earn money if you stop every 5-10 minutes to clean the rear screen, it clogs in normal conditions as fast too.

Lucky I'm patient, a 30K mower.....shame it wasn't tested more before sale.

DSCF0632.JPG

2. Tonyr

and the radiator.....

see the pipe on the left side behind/above the radiator.....that's the air cleaner intake! Yep, right up against the blocked screen! Good thinking J.D! :sleeping:

DSCF0633.JPG

3. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

Damn Tony

not making excuses but those have to be beyond normal operating conditions ;)

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Tony

Is there anyway to demo the hustler????? I do think it would be better then what you got.

Can you over lap the screen?? Can you run a flap under the screen??

John

5. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

Not that this is a cure but, can you take a regular mesh screen and have valcro strips sewn around it, then put valcro on the machine so you could just hop off yank the sceen off, slap it in the wind and put it back on.
    I think I would try to come up with something like that for a temporary fix.
    I deal with a lot of ffloating saw dust while stump grinding and I use 2 screens to protect the blower from plugging up, 1 screen is mounted permanent and 1 is a pull off once the vacume is broken the dust flys.

6. MOturkey

MOturkey LawnSite Silver Member

I'd hire a midget to sit on the back with a whisk broom. :) :rolleyes:

7. Tonyr

Hi John,

No, a Hustler is not an option. I can't say anything more than trust me, they are having similar issues. Plus, for my work, the deere cuts better. also, no hustler dealers around here.

besides, I can't afford to trade again.

Steve, good idea, but it wouldn't really work. why they didn't put a reverse radiator fan on like dozers etc beats me.

Deere told me in writing, if I do Anything to this machine they can and will cancel the warrantee as only deere usa can approve changes, alterations, fixes etc, these then go through deere australia, then if they approve then only the dealer can do them.

Even if I put an auto reverse fan on the rear to start up every minute to clear some debris, they will cancel warrantee.

I love how they have the air intake.....right in the dust.....I wanted a donalson pre cleaner bowl put up near seat, they said, no warrantee if I change their system. Yet their system is crap. LOL.

This ain't no cheap mower, paid $30.000, don't get much support for that size purchase lol.

8. Joel B.

Joel B. LawnSite Senior Member
    from MN

$30,000?!?!?!.......Yikes! What model is that? What size cut? HP? It looks like a regular zero-turn mower.

9. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Austrailia. . .

10. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

= $22,731 USD

Still, lots of $ for a ZTR.

My JD WAM 1600 plugs up like that too.

JD eventually re-designed it with top cooling vs. rear cooling.