Deere JS-40

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Frontier-Lawn, Nov 17, 2006.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

2. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

If you have had one for a year,, what do you need to know.
    I have one, I like it for a 21"
    Try being more specific??

P,S, spell check

3. Frontier-Lawn

life expediency of a typical one being used 1-2 times a week for up to 46 weeks per year

4. huh

huh LawnSite Senior Member
    from Lubbock

does it have a bagger?

I want a smaller mower with a Briggs.....in "commercial" that leaves me with Sarlo, Bunton, and Lawnboy

I was really considering the Sarlo and a Lawnboy.......i have seen the Deere homeowners like that one and considered it as well.....in my area Deere has a real strong rep. so i fugured buy it and if it wears out too fast just go in there and point to the green and the Deere lable and just start bitching!!!!

after a while i think they would do something for me just to get rid of me and get me to stop slamming them...I already don't like the dealers service here so I don't care if I annoy them more using a "Deere" product commercially

5. extreme lawn care

extreme lawn care LawnSite Member

I own a mtd pro, it is almost identical to the john deere except it a Kawasaki engine. I don't use it very often but the carb on the Kawasaki is amazing half pull every time. I am a little concerned about the plastic wheels.

6. Frontier-Lawn

7. gilatplc

gilatplc LawnSite Senior Member
    from FL

ALL equipment fall under the "if you take care of it, it will take care of you"
    You should get a couple of good years out of it,3-5. I think it biggies drawback it that you cant change the oil from under the mower!

8. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

All I know is I owned a JS-40 for 2 weeks!! Damn gear broke...I took it back, and will never buy one again. I would however buy a Ztrac :))))))

9. Frontier-Lawn

mine did the same but all it was the drive belt popped off

10. green_with_envy

green_with_envy LawnSite Member
    from pa

I have one for a year.....except a belt that came off, no problems.. Drive adj lever is kind of touchy. Bagger works great..nothing left.