Deere L130?????

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by John Gamba, Sep 2, 2004.

1. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Has anybody cut with the L130 23 Kohler 48" edge cut deck. How did it cut and handle the grass?

Thanks John

2. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

Hey John,
    I started this season with the L120 JD. It actually cut very well, and striped pretty well. Never plugged up unless I was picking up leaves during the spring cleanups, bagger would get full and plug the deck were the chute was. Not mowers fault. It had the 20hp Briggs with the same 48" deck that the L130 has. I liked it, just too slow for what I needed after a couple months into my business. Moved to a Z in June.

Buck

3. John Gamba

from ct

I looked at one yeasturday, The blade speed is 17100:D Not bad for a 23 Kohler 48" Deck 2500 tractor.
    John

4. John Gamba

from ct

Buck
    I forgot, Does the bagger have a blower? or is it just a tube??
    John

5. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

On the older Deere's anything with 3 blades (48'' deck) you had to add the power flo system, mine has the power flo that runs off the deck . But mine is a 1995 jd188 so maybe the newer ones are different

6. Up North

Up North LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MN

John, the bagger does not have a blower, just a two section tube. But with the high lift blades on it, it created a ton of suction. I have some accounts that had a ton of pine needles and it slicked them up like a dog licking salt off a rock. The only time it plugged up was when the bagger got full, which didn't take very long. I think it's capacity is only 6.5 bushels.

What are you thinking you'll do with the JD? It only mowed at about 4mph max I bet. Never put a GPS to it but that's normal speed for homeowner equipment I guess.

Buck

7. John Gamba

from ct

Replace Exmark.

Thank You So Much!!!

John

8. Mark McC

Mark McC LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Deere L110 and am looking to use it for leaf work soon. I may have to go with a Trac Vac because according to Deere's website, the PowerFlow is for G series mowers and higher. I'm going to write them to check on it, but I have a feeling that if I want a blower on the mower, I'll have to go with an aftermarket unit unless I hear otherwise.