1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

deere owners !!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by heavenlydeere, Jun 22, 2005.

1. heavenlydeere

heavenlydeere LawnSite Member

i run these machines and i love them , so much that i will never swith to any thing else! so what is your favorite thing about ztracs? i could go on and on ! my favorite, hard to say,dont know if i could narrow it down to just one, maybe green paint lol . what do you guys think???
  2. SproulsLawnCare

SproulsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member
    from IN

I like the fact that they are made by a company that has built it's reputation from building great farm equipment and tractors. That in itself speaks for the fact that they are built tough with outstanding quality. Everything about them has been built with ease of operation and serviceability. It would be much easier for me to just say the only thing that I don't like about them is the seat. Most of the ground that I have so far is rough! If I had a seat with better suspension in it, I wouldn't have ANY complaints for these machines! (any suggestions for a replacement seat?)
  3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

Look at the suspension seat($300 or so) offerd on Exmark ZTR's The seat is of a closed foam design so it doesnt compress over time and the "bounce" is very adjustable to the riders wieght. I could just about ride all day long on that seat with my 52" when I had it...

I had the machin for three years with no rips or tears in the seat. I know its not JD green or yellow, but i imgaine it would mount up pretty easy if not nothing a wire feed welder could fix..:)

RKISTNER1 LawnSite Member

Got my deere in march"LOVE IT!" Crapman I had took me 3 hrs,now I do it in less than 1. Just can't wait to get home & cut again! Mowing twice a week here in mich. wish I got paid for it.
  5. Charles Odell

Charles Odell LawnSite Member

Run nothing but deere's last 7 years or so all z tracks ,I sometimes
    even take them with me when bidding a job. Customers see the
    green and yellow and they know john deere for quality and see
    you have an investment in your bussiness and will be there for
    the long haul. I have several times not been the low bid, but
    still get the job some what because of the green and yellow!!
    You Deere guys also need to check out;
    www. weekend freedom machines.org this is a website
    exclusively for John Deere owners!
    NOTHING beats running with the GREEN!!

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

love my deere
  7. fairwayCuts

fairwayCuts LawnSite Member

I've been using Deere since I started. They've been great machines! Just got a 757 and wondering if anyone uses the bagging system for it? How's it work and is it worth the money?
  8. I love my 757. The deck adjustment is the best.
  9. TrpD345

TrpD345 LawnSite Member

I am seriously considering a JD. I have noticed that the average blade tip speed is quite a bit slower than others. JD advertises 16,500 rpm and most others are 18,500. Any input on this and the difference it makes? Thanks!
  10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Isn't it a major problem that JD don't have any dealers for the lawn equipment? The only ones we see in this area is the Homeowner units at Home Depot. And, I worked on a farm and JD equipment was always very expensive and so was repair parts. Is all that different on the lawn equipment?