Deere Owners....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brian mon, Apr 20, 2004.

1. brian mon

brian mon LawnSite Member

Well here's a real pisser.......

I finally decide to get a 36'' walk behind, and JD is basically the only dealer in my area, have a Snapper & Kubota but I already have 4 green machines.

I've been telling the dealer I'll be in soon to order, needed to sell one mower, which just happened....

Got $1500. to put down on new mower tell him OK lets talk.....

Looks it up on puter.....says huh...thats strange....the mower is listed on JD web site but he couldn't get a purchase code or something?????

Well he finds out JD no longer makes a 36'' mower......they discontinued the 36'' only making 48'' & 54'' in walk behinds.

Well now thats just great.....All fired up and nowhere to go....just my luck

Said to give him a couple of days and he will try to find one.

So if any of you green machine owners out there care to help my dealer find me a 36'' hydro w/bag it sure would be appreciated......

And those of you who want a JD 36'' hydro w/bag......I GET IT FIRST!!

2. metro-hp_48

metro-hp_48 LawnSite Senior Member
    from TN

What? I didn't know that. A friend was going to buy a 36" last weekend. I better let him know. Know they dropped the 36" years ago, and were making 38", and then started making 36" again. Looked at one last year when I had to get my brother's Derre......... hmmm, interesting. Makes no sense for Deere to not make something that will be needed to get in some gated yards.

3. grassrootsinab

grassrootsinab LawnSite Member
    from up here

Keep trying with the dealer. I wanted to buy a new 21" JS 63 this spring. I called 3 different dealers and they all said that Deere is discontinuing that model...only going to make the JA62 and 75. I finally called another dealer and he found six. Sounds like the dealers don't want to go out of their way to make a sale.

4. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Hang on. I was told Deere is going to introduce a new line of mowers (although they just did this for 2002) again in a month or two. No promises, just what I was told.

5. jlewis

jlewis LawnSite Member

I just passed up a used GS 75 w/ a 36" deck - Yep, a 75, key start and all - $1600.

I went w/ a GS 45 48". It is my first WB. Talk about getting used to it!

I like the deck adjustment on the 48". I did scalp 2 spots in my own yard. I guess I need to fill in those old ruts!

Green is real big in my neck of the woods, so I figured resale would hold up.

Joe

6. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

It is true, Deere is putting a 48" and 54" 7 Iron decks on the hydro walkbehinds. Price is only going up about $200.

7. JDRep2

JDRep2 LawnSite Member

edited - advertising is not permiited