1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Deere Standers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MDScpr, Apr 20, 2005.

1. MDScpr

MDScpr LawnSite Member

We are getting ready to buy 3 more mowers - two ZTR's and a walk behind. I have a friend that works for Deere and can get me the 667A for under $6k each and a 7H19 for $5k something too.

Can anyone provide input on these mowers, we have ZMasters now and I am not dead set on buying Toro or Exmark, though I did want to look at the Dixie's before I made any decision. I just want to know how they cut compared to the Exmark/Dixie/Toro as far as speed, striping ect.
  2. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't have a stander but I do have a 757 and would highly recommend it! If the standers are anything like the 757 I feel very confident that you will be pleased with the quality of cut, speed, dependability, etc.
  3. Tombigbee

Tombigbee LawnSite Member

I've had an Exmark, a Grasshopper and eventually came back to Deere.....I think I'm gonna stay with them...
  4. protouchlawn

protouchlawn LawnSite Member

I just bought a 657 for this year. I have only put about 20 hours on it so far. I am pleased with it for so few hours. I got it to add to a 757 and a Gs-30 walk behind because of trailer space. I had a bit of a traction problem until I got a feel for the right tire pressure. Other than that, it has performed as advertised. I definitely like the compactness of this machine, and also it has an easy height adjustment on the deck. All in all, I am very pleased so far
  5. MDScpr

MDScpr LawnSite Member

How do they stripe? Or do they!
  6. QC Lawn Services

QC Lawn Services LawnSite Member

I have a 737 and love it. I cut great. We don't have a JD stander, but we have a Great Dane 36" Super Surfer. JD own Great Dane and I think it is the Dodge and the JD is the Chrysler. We love the Super surfer. We bought it for the compactness and the ability to get thru residential gates. It did take a little getting used to, but as with most things, practice has made it easy. If you compare the JD and the Great Dane standers, you will find a lot of similarity between the two brands. I think that you will love one.
  7. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I demoed a Deere Stand on this week. It cut good, but was hard to control. That was only due to my lack of experience with the controls. I would like to have one, it cut well, even on damp grass. Traction issues, but thats probably due to my lack of experience on it.
  8. Laurentian

Laurentian LawnSite Member

Look at the Great Dane Generation 2 super surfer instead of the deere. Same machine not green. I have never used a better mower. I have the 23hp kaw, 52" cut. Love it!
  9. traman

traman LawnSite Senior Member

don't know how many lawns you cut ,or if your solo,but when i had my wright stander ,after i passed 30 lawns ,fatigued started setting in ,on your feet to trim ,same for edging ,mowing and blowing ,made it a long day,just to be able to sit for a while,really helps out ,just some thing to think about
  10. aclassic

aclassic LawnSite Member

i've seen that great dane advertises a huge increasein productivity w/ these standing mowers, and i'm sure most other companies do to. but does anyone know if they really are that more productive than ztr's & w/b's?