deere striping kit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tat900, Dec 29, 2005.

1. tat900

tat900 LawnSite Senior Member

has anyone made one or seen one froma company for the 717a

2. gl1200a

gl1200a LawnSite Senior Member

Just make one out of a used semi mudflap. Just fit it under the back between the rear tires. To within about 1/4" of the ground with the tires fully inflated. It works great and actually rides closer to the ground than a striper roller that is attached to the mower deck.

3. DeereHauler

DeereHauler LawnSite Senior Member

deere makes them for 54" 60" and 72" decks. if you have a 48 i think you will have to make one. i have one on my 54", its great, costs a little much, but it's worth it. i tried the mud flap,. but that didn't last

4. slebeau20

slebeau20 LawnSite Member
    from USA

Hey I did the same thing with my 717. I use steel belted bailer belt. All my properties are still striped in the middle of winter. Actually I've mounted my striper two different ways. First way was between the tires. The second way and the more effective way is right behind the deck itself. Major benefit to mounting behind the deck is that when you lift the deck it stops striping.

5. tat900

can u send me piks of the striper and also how the mudflap was mounted
    igtat900@yahoo.com

6. sanfordandsonfan

sanfordandsonfan LawnSite Member

Just curious on how you guys like your 717. I have been using exmark walk behinds and would really like to get a z. The john deere looks like a very nice machine. I also really like the dealer that sells john deere and cant stand my exmark dealer. If you dont mind sharing your experiences with the machine, I would really appreciate it. Price you paid would be nice to know also.

7. slebeau20

slebeau20 LawnSite Member
    from USA

I'll send you some picks after, the first of the year of my striper. For the question how I like my 717, it's a good machine. Personally I've had no problems, but at the same time I will be going with Scag for my riders going forward. The reason why there are some added benefits to the Scag. (hyro pumps, spindles, and the major, several different choices of engines for each machine.) Not to mention they not as expensive even though JD would say your paying for quality your paying for the name and color. But, I will again say my I have had no problems with my 717.

8. tat900

thanks man i appreciate you sending me ythose when you can

9. tat900

My email was acting up the other day not sure if u sent them if so can u please resend em for me ?

10. tat900

any piks yet by any chance